Our vision is to promote renewable energy to make it the major source for Zambia’s energy demand and that of its surrounding regions, developing the country and empowering Zambians.
The mission of ZARENA is to promote and advocate for the increased use of Renewable Energy by developing an effective network of members and stakeholders, emphasizing the need for quality and best practice throughout the sector.
- Public Institutions
- Private Sector companies
As ZARENA, we look at every step of the RE value chain which includes: Resource generation; Energy generation; Power storage solution and distribution transmission networks.
ZARENA generates market knowledge, promotes sustainable RE policies and instruments that foster RE education and training to make RE technologies and applications an effective tool for development through adaption of RE.
The main aim of ZARENA is the proliferation of sustainable energy to foster sustainable economics in the country to be achieved through:
- Improved regulatory frameworks for renewable energy through enhanced policy advice
- Improvements in the transfer of renewable energy technology
- Progress on skills and know-how for renewable energy
- A scientifically sound information basis through applied research
- Extended financing options and incentives for renewable energy
- Have a positive impact of RE on transmission distribution networks and associated commercial arrangements
Benefits To Members
We want to make it easier for the RE industry in Zambia to flourish by building networks and knowledge.
As such offer the following benefits to our members.
- Networking opportunities through events and workshops
- Advertisement opportunities from through publications, events and networks
- Training in RE relevant topics
- Access to and notification of relevant tenders
- Lobbying for the development of the RE sector
- Enhancing cooperation at the global, regional and national levels
- A strong and active renewable energy community